Country Hounds Dog Daycare Terms and Conditions
Please note these Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without notice.
By a) enrolling a dog with or b) permitting a dog to attend or c) accepting the Services of Country Hounds and its staff, the Customer is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (“the contract”)
Country Hounds Dog Daycare Wrexham Trial Period
1. The trial period is 4 weeks and payable up front on submission of the application form.
2. If your dog is unable to complete their first day with us due to behavioural reasons the remaining 3 days will be refunded.
3. If your dog is unable to attend their first day and therefore any of the trial period for behavioural reasons then you will be refunded 3.5 days.
4. At any other point during the trial period if we decide we are unsuitable for your dog we will refund the remaining days.
Country Hounds Dog Daycare Wrexham Membership Club
- Your membership can only be used by yourself and cannot be transferred.
- Customers’ membership prices will remain the same every month. Prices have been calculated over a 45-week period.
- Your Country Hounds Club Membership doesn’t fluctuate unless you decide to bolt on additional days.
- Additional ad-hoc days will be charged at your standard daily rate. Additional days cannot be guaranteed.
- Customers must choose their regular days; these can be swapped, and additional days can be added (subject to availability).
- Any changes must be made with at least one week’s notice via What’s App, cancellations of regular days within 72 hours of the booking will not be swapped or refunded.
- Any cancellations with prior notice will be offered a swap to another day.
- Cancellations of additional days will be payable if cancellation is received within less than 72 hours of the service.
- Pick-up times will be between 8:00 & 9:30, drop-off times will be between 3:00 & 4:30.
- If you will not be home during these times then a key must be provided or left in a safe secure location. If entry cannot be gained for whatever reason (wrong key/ code provided, key left in other side of door etc. then your dog will need to be collected from Country Hounds at an agreed time).
- Country Hounds may hold in possession the keys to the Customer’s home and the Customer is responsible for making arrangements with its own insurers in this regard.
- We cannot be held responsible for keys left outside and any access gained by unauthorised persons.
- Dogs will receive a rinse at the end of the day, due to the nature of daycare dogs will get muddy.
- We will endeavour to ensure that dogs are returned home with as minimal amount of mud on them as possible.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage/ cleaning requirements in your home.
- We cannot be held responsible for any reactions to any of the grooming products/ treats that we use.
- If your dog has any known allergies then please notify us via WhatsApp.
Holidays / Time off
- Country Hounds does not operate for a 2-week period over Christmas. Country Hounds is also closed for a further 3 working weeks during the year (including Bank Holidays).
- Customers will have 2 weeks of holiday/time off to use as and when they require.
- Any time off over and above this will be substituted for days in lieu (subject to availability).
- All days in lieu must be used within the current calendar year and cannot be carried over.
- Days in lieu are non-refundable should the contract be cancelled for any reason.
- Time off for bitches in season will be partly refunded. 2 weeks of regular days will be refunded whilst the remainder of the season will be swapped for days in lieu. This only applies to the first season.
- If you decide that you will not be having your female dog spayed after their first season this will need to be discussed on an individual basis to check if we can accommodate this on your chosen regular day.
- Any time off for subsequent seasons will be forfeited.
- Extreme weather events will be accessed on an individual basis. We may on occasion have to close at short notice for weather events such as high winds, snow, ice, floods and hot temperatures. This is for the safety of the dogs in our care and staff on-site/ travelling in vehicles. Days in lieu will be provided for any days we have to close for.
- Payment will be taken via direct debit, any additional services throughout the month will be added to the next available direct debit payment.
- If services are not paid we reserve the right to cease the contract and stop the services with immediate effect.
- The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (except for any deduction or withholding required by law).
- Country Hounds may at any time, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Customer against any amount payable by Country Hounds to the Customer.
Cancellation of Membership
- The minimum term is 30 days and you will be required to give 30 days notice should you wish to cancel but please note your reserved place may not be available should you decide to re-join.
- Any discounts offered will be forfeited should you decide to cancel and then rejoin at a later date.
- We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis for your membership fee until you cancel.
- To cancel your membership please notify us via your dedicated WhatsApp group.
- Monthly Country Hounds Club Memberships automatically renews each month at the stated retail price until the subscription buyer notifies Country Hounds that they wish to cancel.
- Country Hounds requires one month’s notice of cancellation of this contract.
- The Customer agrees to provide such notice or pay the amount that would be due during this notice period.
- The Customer may cancel with notice after an initial one-month membership period. Therefore the initial term is 60 days (30 days minimum term plus 30 days notice period).
- On termination of the Contract for any reason the Customer shall immediately pay to Country Hounds all of Country Hounds’ outstanding unpaid invoices and interest and, in respect of services supplied but for which no invoice has been submitted, Country Hounds shall submit an invoice, which shall be payable by the Customer immediately on receipt.
- Country Hounds is committed to providing a positive experience. You agree that Country Hounds at its sole discretion may limit, suspend, or terminate your right to be a member without forgiveness of any remaining payments if you or your dog becomes disruptive or difficult to work with or fail to follow guidelines.
- Any remaining days paid for in the current month will be refunded, any holiday days or days in lieu will not be refunded.
Dog Health and Welfare
- Country Hounds may act in the Customer’s absence as guardian of their dog and may perform or take any action which they deem necessary in order to protect and keep in good health the Customer’s dog.
- The Customer’s dog will be transported with other dogs in Country Hounds’ vehicles. The Customer agrees that Country Hounds cannot be held liable for death or injury to their dog in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
- The Customer has explicitly confirmed that their dog has no record of aggressive or anti-social behaviour, and they have made a full and frank disclosure of any characteristic or trait that might make their dog unsuitable for socialising with other dogs.
- Should the Customer’s dog be deemed to be unsuitable by Country Hounds at any time, Country Hounds reserves the right to cancel the booking indefinitely, with immediate effect. Any remaining days in the current month will be refunded. Days in lieu will be forfeited.
- The Customer agrees to ensure that their dog/s will be kept up to date on all vaccinations, de-worming and de-fleaing (either prescribed or natural remedies are acceptable for fleaing and worming).
- All dogs accepted into Daycare must be spayed at the very latest following their first season (unless advised otherwise by a vet which will be considered on an individual basis). Male dogs must be neutered prior to reaching 18 months. We are unable to accept bitches during their season.
- We have built the Daycare facility with the security of your dog in mind, we cannot be held liable should a dog escape and cause damage/ injury to either themselves or a third party.
- Owners acknowledge that Kennel Cough vaccinations are optional so it is at their own risk should they decide not to have this administered to their dog.
- The Customer gives consent for their dog’s image to be used in photo or video format on Country Hounds promotional material and social media or in any format that Country Hounds considers appropriate.
- The Customer will take responsibility for any costs which may be incurred, by either veterinary or other, as a result of any damage, accident, or sickness caused to or by their dog and will pay any such costs or expenses on demand.
- Nothing in the Contract shall limit or exclude Country Hounds liability for:
A. death or personal injury to a human being caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. breach of the terms of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession) or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- Country Hounds shall not be liable to the Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
A. loss of profits;
b. loss of sales or business;
c. loss of agreements or contracts;
d. loss of anticipated savings;
e. loss of damage to goodwill; and
f. any indirect or consequential loss.
- Country Hounds’ total liability to the Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract shall be limited to £1,000 or the total fees paid under the Contract, whichever is lower.
- The terms implied by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- This clause shall survive termination of the Contract.
- The Customer agrees that he/ she is able to insure the Customer’s dog under a pet insurance policy and is likewise able to insure home and property contents under a house and contents insurance policy. The Customer is advised to notify his/her insurers of the arrangement in order to be covered under the pertinent insurance policies. The Customer understands that Country Hounds is only able to offer its competitive fees on the basis of its Customers insuring its pets appropriately.
- Force Majeure Neither party shall be in breach of this Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
- Entire Agreement This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in this agreement. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this agreement.
- Variation No variation of the Contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and notified or accepted by Country Hounds (or its appointed director(s)).
- Waiver A waiver of any right or remedy is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A delay or failure to exercise, or the single or partial exercise of, any right or remedy shall not:
A. waive that or any other right or remedy; or
b. prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Severance If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
- Notices Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, or sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier, fax or email to the correct addressed email address if sent delivered-read (so email delivery and receipt can be acknowledged).
A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at the Customer’s address provided by him/her; if sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service to the same address, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by fax or email one business day after transmission
The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Third parties No one other than a party to the Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- Governing law The Contract, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Jurisdiction Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.
- Limitation of Liability We accept no responsibility or liability for the views or opinions expressed by authors or people who comment on our Facebook or Instagram page.
- Subject to matters which by law cannot be excluded, our maximum liability in connection with these Terms and Conditions will not exceed the purchase price of your Membership.
- You agree that the Country Hounds products and services, graphics, member interface, audio clips, video clips, editorial content, templates and the scripts and software used to implement Country Hounds’ services, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by Country Hounds and/or its licensors and is protected by applicable copyright, intellectual property and other laws.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire terms and conditions between us in relation to Country Hounds Daycare and supersede all previous agreements.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English and Welsh courts shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising out of or under it.